the manic hispanic

THE WORLD CUP OF BLOGS

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Woah...as all two of you loyal readers probably noticed my blog disappeared for a couple days, but we're back! And we're ready to talk more soccerfootballfussballfutebol. Yay! I leave on Friday and I'm so fucking pumped up. As of today, I will be attending two games. US vs Czech Republic and US vs Italy. I feel real lucky cause I have seats in the best sections for both games, 19th row for the Czech game and 2nd row for the Italy game, right in the center. If the US scores in the Italy game I might get some screen time.

So I should start to make some predictions...


Breakout player: Oguchi "The Gooch" Onyewu (Defender-USA) the guy's nickname is the Gooch. If that name doesn't strike fear in World Cup players who have watched Different Strokes, I don't know what would.

Will the US make it past the 1st round? Yes. They will. Past that? Very tough. If they finish 2nd in their group it would most likely mean that they would play Brazil in the 2nd round. Good luck my friends.

Surprise Team: Iran. They will beat Mexico on Sunday, and they will make it to the quarterfinals. You heard it here first.

More tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home