the manic hispanic

THE WORLD CUP OF BLOGS

Wednesday, June 21, 2006



This is my favorite picture that I snapped in Germany. It's a pic of Frankie Hejduk. Frankie was suppose to be on the U.S. team, but he got hurt and could not partake in the Cup. Instead, he sat behind me during the Czech Republic game and double fisted Budweiser's and signed autographs for everybody. A real American hero.

All in all, my trip to the World Cup was amazing. The Italy vs U.S. match was insane. Watching Germany vs. Poland with 300,000 Germans in the middle of Berlin is something that I will never forget. All those Germans cheering was scary yet awesome. At times the trip was overwhelming and surreal. Too much history in that country and so much soccer made for an unforgettable time. More pictures to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home