the manic hispanic

THE WORLD CUP OF BLOGS

Friday, June 09, 2006


IT'S HERE!

Just like Christmas Day morning. My plane does not leave till 430pm, but I'm up and ready to go. This is just fantastic.

World Cup 2006 Germany Mix:

It's Time to Party-AWK
Hooligan-The Smiths
Munich-Editors
anything off of "Kicking Balls" by Alexi Lalas
Winds of Change-Scorpions
99 Luftballons-Nena
Rock You Like a Hurricane-Scorpions
The Metro-Berlin
Blackout-Scorpions

So much Scorps! This mix rules.

CBS will be at Small Bar on Division and Damen this morning to capture the fans in all their glory. If you're at a bar at 10am to watch soccer there's probably alot glory to be captured. Starting the 20th, you will most likely find me at this bar for , like, the whole day. I might as well pack my lunch every morning and bring it with me as if I were going to work. From the 20th to the 23rd there's 4 games on a day! The World Cup, the gift that keeps on giving...I love you World Cup.

I hope Germany loses today! And Argentina tomorrow! And Mexico on Sunday! When those teams lose, it's just like winning to me.

Wish me luck. I hope I get to see the US win some games. If you're bored check out Clint Dempsey's(aka Deuce) website. It's absolutely horrible, yet amazing at the same time. Somebody should let the guy know he should stick to one thing, preferably soccer and not rapping.

My name's Doug, and I'm out of heeeeerrrrreeeee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home