the manic hispanic

THE WORLD CUP OF BLOGS

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Woah, yes. I had the best Super Bowl party ever on Sunday. Lots of drunk people, hot spinning from DJ Chairman Mao (aka me), an 8 pound ham, and very little viewing of the actual game. Great success. My favorite part of the night was when I blasted the " I Love Technology" song from Napolean Dynamite and brought fear across people's faces when they heard the screeching as Kip walks up to the mic. This experience is very similar to one that I had at a Super Bowl party about 3 years ago. For half time entertainment I wanted to do something special and I bought a pinata convinced that people would love it. Nobody loved it. Everybody looked at me like I was crazy with the "how dare he bring a pinata to the party" So the same thing happened again, three years later. It was a movie like moment. Room full people, talking loudly, loud music, and then silence with blank stares, all looking straight at me. Me, very drunk, smiling me. The smiling me turned into the uncomfortable smiling me/"did I just do something wrong?" me. People have to lighten up and have some fun. Seriously.

On a somewhat related note. I want to take this time to apologize to the bartender at Innertown Pub. I'm sorry that I told you that you had fake hair. I feel bad and embarrassed. I know you don't know me, but I feel bad that I was so obnoxious. Sorry.

P.S. The fake hair look good on you.

In other news, people are starting to leave comments. Yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home