the manic hispanic

THE WORLD CUP OF BLOGS

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

I should do alot of things more often, one of them of course is giving this good old blog some more attention. But with work and Tivo it's so hard( so hard) to get anything done. Even things like eating, and showering take a back seat. Things like pizza, and burritos use to sound so good, but now that hunger has been replaced for things like " The Benefactor" or watching the cast of "Real World" deep in meaningful conversations about breast implants. Is it me, or does this cast seem like they're on acid. Sober people don't talk to each other like that. Speaking of "The Benefactor" it's so bad, it's good. I came to the conclusion that "The Benefactor" is to "The Apprentice" like "The Wiz" was to "The Wizard of Oz." Now I'm not talking about "The Wiz" with Fred Savage, but "The Wiz" with Michael Jackson. Not quite up to par with the original, but excellent on such a different level.

Anyways, I'm going to see Morrissey on Friday, Le Badgers at Purdue on Saturday, and hopefully Interpol on Sunday(I need a ticket!) I also was graced by the presence of Urge Overkill on Saturday night. They've aged like a fine wine. Or at least like a box of fine wine. I kind of feel bad for them cause they seem to still think it's 1993. Hey, playing West Town Street Festival is kind of like opening up for Pearl Jam right? Right. Anywho, they're still rocking and rolling in my eyes. Plus, I'll never forget the night I spent with Nash Kato and his solo band at the Essen House. Hey, Nash thanks for the shot of Bourbon. Oh, and thank your guitar player for kissing my ex-girlfriend goodbye on the lips.

Vote Kerry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home