the manic hispanic

THE WORLD CUP OF BLOGS

Monday, August 19, 2002

Oh, here I am in Glenview, IL blogging away from a computer in my parents house. Luckily the parents decided to go down to Colombia and see how the business was going. So I'm here with all the benefits and no hassle. Free food, free laundry, air conditioning, digital cable, clean bathrooms, etc. As I write I am battling a severe cold. I believe this cold will be the one that finally brings me down. Does anybody see the irony in this? I don't get sick for over a year and the first day back in hell I am struck by this terrible illness. The highlight of the past day has including drinking mass quantities of Robatussin and slepping.

Other than that I've also done some downloading. There is a Boxcar Racer song that is a blantant ripoff of the Alkaline Trio. Also downloaded the some new Sparta which sounds hot.

I must say it is weird not being in Madison right now. I like that place. Hopefully, I'll have a new apartment real soon. I don't want to spill the beans, but the outlook is looking good and surprisingly cheap. It is also wierd having a girlfriend in Madison and being in Chicago, but the outlook is good and surprisingly sane. Oh yes, I will be in Madison on the 30th for the Hey Mercedes show. Speaking of shows, lots of show coming up. That is one plus of being in Chicago. This Thursday at the Fireside-Rainer Maria, Labor Day at the Metro-Phantom Planet, Sept 13th-Bright Eyes, Sept 20th-Taking Back Sunday, Oct 25 in Milwaukee-Saves the Day, Kind of Like Spitting, and Ash. I'm really liking the future. I have a nice sane girl, good shows coming up, about to sign a lease for a nice place in the city(which is surprisingly cheap, but all brand new) now all I need is a jobby job. Until tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home