the manic hispanic

THE WORLD CUP OF BLOGS

Friday, July 26, 2002

Sorry for the lack of blogging, but as the French say, "I've been kicking it." Seriously, life just gets more ridiculous everyday. Not only have I been "kicking it" with a lovely girl, but on Wednesday I "kicked it" with some rock n rollers at the Warped Tour. I had some passes courtesy of Hot Water Music which enabled me to watch the whole show from the stage(s). Bands that I saw:
Boy Sets Fire
MxPx(this was great cause I thought they were like soooo good when I was small child in high school and then watching them play seven years later made everything come full circle. It really did)
Hot Water Music who were out of control and totally righteous( I have this set on video if you are curious),
NOFX- what a novelty act
The Bosstones- I can't believe that dood gets paid to be in the band to just dance. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
New Found Glory- formerly known as A New Found Glory and now known to the kids as NFG. These guys are the Backstreet Boys of pop punk. That's not a good thing. Little girls were squealing the whole time like a pig being shot. Either way they suck major huevo.
Flogging Molly-These guys are the real deal. The rule more than a ruler.
Good Charlotte- I'll save this for later in the post.
Bad Religion-Old balls. But they still can bring it
The Alkaline Three-After twenty three times you still are good. I think that Skiba is still not drinking. Alkaline set list: Clavicle, Take Lots with Alcohol, Private Eye, Cringe, Another Innocent Girl, Cooking Wine, Nose Over Tail, Hell Yes, and Radio. I may have forgotten one song.

Now a list of people that I rubbed elbows with: All of Hot Water who were extra nice to me, Dickey Barrett from the Bosstones, the dildo singer from NFG, Skiba, the short guitar player from Bad Religion, Mike Park aka Bruce Lee, Derek from the Trio, the dildo singer from MxPx, Fat Mike( not really though I just kept on seeing him riding this mini motorcyle in circles the whole day), the super extra large dildo from Good Charlotte, which brings me to my Good Charlotte part of the post.

I know who good Good Charlotte is, but I've never heard there music. I have seen them on the silly show were the play Staind videos and the act like they are not excited about it in fear that they might not be punk enough. Newayz, the kids really like Good Charlotte. Alot. I had no idea. I also had no idea that a band could be so god damn awful. What a hunk a shit. I believe that in the first two sentences of the first song they played the words school bus and lunch money were mentioned. It went down hill after that. Their set consisted of lots of little overweight young teens jumping up and down to songs that sounded exactly the same. At one point the super sized dildo singer asked the crowd if they would come see them at the Rave in the fall cause, " We're all friends. So is it alright Milwaukee if we come back and hang out with are friends cause that's what friends do" What a dicksmack that guy is. I can't believe that our youth is being poisoned by such crap. So if you don't know what Good Charlotte looks like I will now tell you. They are definitely goth gangsta pop punk. Doesn't that just sound horrible. They worst part about it is the singer would do noise like he was scratching a record. That guy and his whole band are the Big Gulp of dildos. Enought about that.

Things that were given to me or purchased: One shirt courtesy of Fat Wreckords. With G. W Bush on the front that says "not my president" and
the Matt Skiba, Kevin Seconds split Cd which is really good. All in all it was good day and then when I got back to Madison it was a good night if you know what I'm sayin sayin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home