the manic hispanic

THE WORLD CUP OF BLOGS

Tuesday, July 02, 2002

Oh my Lord of the Dance, I apologize to my readers for the lack of updates. I will now give the cliff notes to my past few days.
--work
--drinking: on Saturday night I drank from 9pm ot 9am. Go Brazil. Who bought that pitcher at 7:00am and drank it all by himself. Oops.
--9:45am, Sunday: Mr. Policeofficer knocks on my door to give me a ticket for disorderly conduct. I also provoked the fight. Let me get this straight officer..Three people come up to me, call me names and start pushing me around completely out of nowhere and I provoked the fight? I just wanted to clear that up. Mr. Officer also told me that he investigated this ordeal for five days. I then asked them if he knew that all three of those guys were friends...His response, "They are. I didn't know that." Way to go officer. You're real fucking sleuth. It also pisses me off that they called it a fight. When three people beat the shit out of one it's not much of a fight. There's more to this visit which I will tell later. I can't right now cause I boiling with anger.
--Summerfest: After that 45minutes slumber I proceeded to head to Milwaukee. The Piggly Wiggly stage was off the grocery store shelf. A quick synopsis of the bands...
--The Etiquette: I give you a C. Why I saw this band twice in a 24 hour span is a mystery.
--The Anniversary: I give you an A. You may dress like hippies now, but you're still damn good live. And much better than that other band from Kansas who also has been smoking to much pot and is on the same label as you.
--Okgo: More like, "Ok stop playing cause you're fucking boring.
--Guided By Voices: I give you an A too. Mr. Pollard you are the best.
--Promise Ring: A/B. You lost me a couple times, only to be found again with some oldies.
--I forgot some other stuff... Friday I tried to go to the Vodka Gimlet party. Where the hell was it? I was peeking into windows and I neither saw nor heard a party. I take it your house is not the one with all the Bob Marley posters. Speaking of Robert Nesta Marley, who saw the Behind the Music? It was good, but I still don't think it did him justice. I highly suggest reading, "Catch A Fire." If you really want to I can let you borrow it. Just email me.
--I saw paristexas on Saturday. Pretty good except for the vocals. How many times do I have to tell you guys about the vocals.
--That is all. I might have some big news coming in the next week, but I don't want to jinx myself. Just cross your fingers and toes for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home