the manic hispanic

THE WORLD CUP OF BLOGS

Sunday, June 16, 2002

I think my dad's going crazy. Happy Father's day, father. My two kids got me wonderful gifts today. I would just like to tell my readers that being a father has been nothing, but a joy. I got my dad the Andrew W.K. cd. Like father,like son we party till we puke. Did anybody see the sky get darker and feel then wind pick up on Father's Day? It was probably because my lovely family made their way to Madison. What a fucking nightmare. Things that occured during the Reyes Father's Day extravaganza...

1. I played my dad a song on the guitar to the tune of "You are My Sunshine" substituting Sunshine for father. This went on for a good hour.
2. My mom telling everybody at dinner that she thought my brother looked like JFK Jr. and that my other brother looked like Keanu Reeves. Neither look anything like these two fine stars.
3. My little sister getting lost on State St. and then being swept up the parade of protester. (More on that later)
4. Asking my mom when they were going to leave cause I thought they should leave soon.
5. Repeatedly asking my sister if she was going to order a Chalupa for dinner.(sidenote: we at Cafe Continental)
6. Both Dr. Reyes Sr and Jr. confirming that I have a fracture in my hand. Dad if you're reading this I didn't fall down the stairs. I dropkicked a Jeep Cherokee and fell on my ass in a drunken haze.

About them protests. I was kind of disappointed at the size of the crowd, but very impressed to find out that there was a mini riot. I love the anarchist with the bandanas over their face. One of my brothers is an anarchists, but he doesn't wear bandanas over his face. A couple years ago he went the annual anarchist convention in Chicago and spent a chunk of the day talking to Tim Armstrong of Rancid. Just cause he's an anarchist, doesn't mean he's a punk so he had no idea who Timmy was till Timmy told him. Way to go brah.

So once again I am shocked that the U.S. made it to the quarterfinals. I'm not shocked that they beat Mexico cause I knew Mexico wasn't very good contrary to popular belief. It's just amazing that they've made this far. I think they can beat Germany. What was with the Mexican coach putting in Luis Hernandez and Garcia Aspe into the game. What a joke. Those guys are like dinosaurs. Alright, I will go out on a limb and say the U.S. will beat Germany and lose in the semis. That's right, I said it.

...And that is all my friends

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home