the manic hispanic

THE WORLD CUP OF BLOGS

Sunday, May 26, 2002

Staying home on a Saturday night is for losers. Oh wait. Staying home on Saturday night is totally cool and hip. Actually it's not. I mean it is. Cool. It's way cool. It's more cool than a cooler.

I tried to go see this band tonight, but everbody was being lame and didn't want to go out. Speaking of this band, the lead singer decided to tell my new roommate about this blog at Paul's Club last night. I think it went something like this...

New roommate: "Steve already knew about me moving in cause he read it on your online journal."
Me: "Online journal?"

For some reason or another I've decided not to tell any of my friends, roommates,etc about this wonderful blog. I'm sure they'll catch on soon enough, but people try not to spill the beans so easily.

And now A Manic Hispanic Editorial:
There has been some talk on other Wiscoblogs about jobs, and post graduate life recently so I believe it is now my time to put in my three pennies and a ball of lint on the matter. The key is not to rush things. Most likely you're 22 or 23. That is very young. Now is the time to do what you want. Don't feel severe pressure to do things that other people want you to do. I have a brother whose in medical school and an other who has graduated from law school and come this fall he will be starting 7 years of graduate school at Duke. I start working at Uno's on Monday. I also studied film and television. For the first four months of my post graduate life I thought I had made a mistake like I had let everybody down. I felt like I was the token loser of the family. These thoughts replayed in my head so much that I nearly exploded. After nearly falling to pieces I realized that wasn't the case. I had just decided to take a road that was unheard of in my family. Sorry if I don't want to go to law school or medical school. Sorry if I just wanna rock. Seriously though, I was just doing what I wanted to do. If that means going to London for a while, good. If that means going to LA and working at Bunim and Murray and watching the Real World all day, even better. If that means living in Madison and working at Uno's...you get the picture. I think I'm starting to ramble so I'll stop soon. Now is the time for some new experiences, to meet new people, etc. Now is not the time to start working 8-10 hours a day, five to six days a week. That's for old people. Though we are adults technically, we are not old. We're still kids. Thank you for your time and San Dimas High School football rules!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home